Sendwithus is looking for a Field Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing Team in San Francisco. As the Field Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for driving top-of-the-funnel opportunities as well as mid-funnel pipeline acceleration via the execution and management of field activities (trade shows, partner events, webinars, lunch & learns, workshops, executive round-tables, thought-leadership speaking engagements). You will be reporting to the Marketing Lead and be responsible for driving marketing qualified leads.
This position holds a lot of opportunity for creativity and growth within the position and on a fast-growing Marketing team. As the Field Marketing Specialist, you are on the front lines of building the Sendwithus brand, as well as honing your overall marketing skills.
During your first 3 months, you will...
- Work with the VP Marketing and Content Marketer to learn tone, voice, and style for Sendwithus messaging.
- Become an expert in our app and feature set by working closely with the Customer Success and Product teams.
- Build out a field marketing plan with the VP Marketing, including a quarterly event calendar .
- Develop and present event marketing materials such as slide decks, booth marketing material, swag, handouts, and other marketing assets.
- Assist PR team in submitting speaking proposals and coordinate with them on event-related announcements.
- Reply to inquiries in forums (Github, StackOverflow, etc.), social media, and other online platforms (Quora, Email Geeks, Slack, etc).
After 12 months, you will have...
- Coordinated Sendwithus’s attendance at multiple conferences around North America to establish relationships with influential developers, bloggers, open source contributors, and leads.
- Worked cross-functionally to oversee the timely execution of the field-marketing plan; execute and manage activities, including logistics, budgeting, content development, scheduling, creative themes, and social media strategies.
- Managed all events, including event logistics, sales and marketing support for events, and event evaluation and reporting.
- Managed lead acquisition, processing, nurturing, and follow-up to ensure that leads from field marketing activities are properly managed.
- Taken ownership of important support activities, such as: digital awareness and engagement through social media, landing pages, email campaigns, etc.,
- Collaborated across the Sendwithus team, working with various functions within Marketing and Sales to successfully manage and measure field marketing activities.
- Participated in 2-3 local meetups, user groups, hackathons, and other developer events on a monthly basis in San Francisco.
The Sendwithus Story
Sendwithus powers email communication for large online businesses. Our system handles thousands of users and more than 30 million emails every day, ranging from real-time notifications and invoices to personalized marketing campaigns and product updates. Our customers include Microsoft, Zillow, DonorsChoose, and MeUndies - in fact, we're already one of the top 300 email senders in the world. We were part of Y Combinator's W14 batch, have offices in both Victoria and San Francisco, and are backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.